PASS THE TORCH (old site -- visit new site at 2passthetorch.com)

Sunday, August 13, 2006

12 Reasons I Love You



My husband and I are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary today, and we were surprised by some wonderful gifts from our children. Our son gave us 100 minutes of back massages or hair brushing, PLUS 10 "free" errands, and my daughter gave us candy and this excellent card: "12 Reasons Why I Love You":




1. You love me.
2. You care about my education.
3. You care for me.
4. You want me to have a fun life.
5. You believe in me.
6. You trust me.
7. You trust me. (Must have been an important one!)
8. You want to do what's best for me.
9. You encourage me to do even better.
10. You let me grow.
11. You respect me.
12. You respect me for if I did my best, not for right or wrong.

I couldn't possibly write anything that would define this blog any better than this list. What memorable anniversary gifts have you received from your children?

I'll see you on Pass the Torch Tuesday! I hope you'll join us!
NOTE: By popular demand, one participant at each Pass the Torch Tuesday will receive the PASS THE TORCH AWARD! The winner will have the opportunity to proudly display the award button.






Technorati Tags:

8 Comments:

  • Cute cute cute!!! Happy Anniversary!!!

    I'd love the back rub and hair brushing gift. Too cool.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:55 AM  

  • Thanks scrapbookmom!!

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 12:00 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary! You are so blessed to have such loving and compassionate children. You definitely raised them right!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:11 PM  

  • Kailani - thanks for your kind words - I am absolutely blessed. But I'm also a work in progress;)

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 5:28 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary!

    Your have some awesome kids!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:19 PM  

  • We think so to;) Thanks for stopping by!

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 10:51 PM  

  • What a great gift from your kids! Must certainly make it all feel incredibly worth the time and energy you've invested! Keep up the great work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:07 AM  

  • Just came across you from your post on Owlhaven. My husband and I celebrated our 18th anniversary on the 13th too.
    Happy Anniversary!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home