PASS THE TORCH (old site -- visit new site at 2passthetorch.com)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Priorities

After a long discussion last night, my son stayed firm in his decision to join neither 2nd grade football nor 2nd grade basketball. He's a soccer man. And if that means he only plays a sport in May and June, so be it.

Then today after school, as I prepared to load the car with two kids and the Girl Scout registration papers, Deena informed me she didn't want to be in Girl Scouts this year. The same Girl Scouts that I've served as assistant leader for three years.

Are you sure? Yes. Completely sure? Yes. Piano lessons are enough.

And even though I know how important it is for kids to be involved in youth programming, I said, "Okay." Maybe, just maybe, our kids have a better handle on what's right for our family, than I do right now.

We played tackle frisbee instead.

2 Comments:

  • I love the way you are letting your kids lead when it comes to their interests. I've seen so many parents force their kids into several different extra curricular activities, only to have the children act out because they have no freedom of expression. I think it's great that they are allowed to voice what the like and don't like and to choose their activities accordingly.

    By Blogger Undercover Angel , At 10:20 PM  

  • I think that sometimes just spending time together as a family is the best thing to do.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home