PASS THE TORCH (old site -- visit new site at 2passthetorch.com)

Sunday, September 17, 2006

So a guy walks into an ATV store...

My husband and son go to a sports dealership. My son runs over to the seven-year-old sized four-wheeler and drools while he climbs aboard.

The salesman asks my husband, "Can I help you?"

Husband says, "No, just waiting to pick up a boat."

Salesman says, "Your son really likes that ATV. It runs $2500, but I could make you a deal on a used one."

Husband says, "Ahhh, I better not. My wife wouldn't be too happy."

Salesman says,

"Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."



Obviously the salesman doesn't know this particular wife.

8 Comments:

  • hehehe that salesman is slick. My husband got a big grin on his face when I shared that one with him!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:04 AM  

  • oooo-stinky salesman!!!

    Mary, mom to many
    http://owlhaven.wordpress.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:49 AM  

  • I laughed right out loud when I read the last line! Thanks for the morning chuckle! :o)

    Andrew
    To Love, Honor and Dismay

    By Blogger Andrew McAllister, At 9:02 AM  

  • Wow, that is one slick salesman. Good for your husband for knowing better! :) I would've shot my husband if he fell for a line like that!

    Thanks for your comment on my Fear of flying post! I'm thinking that I may have to try being drunk on Dimatapp or Sudafed whether I have a cold or not! :)

    By Blogger Overwhelmed!, At 7:34 PM  

  • Wow! I bet that salesman has sold a thing or two with that logic. He may have an angry mob of wives comin' after him soon!

    My husband chuckled when I read that to him. I hope he's not getting any ideas. ;)

    By Blogger April, At 11:58 PM  

  • Very funny.
    Thanks for the laugh.

    By Blogger BlondeBrony, At 12:08 AM  

  • Dude! He did NOT!

    Mine would have said "I'm not even allowed to ask for permission .. so sorry!"

    By Blogger Knitting Maniac, At 9:46 AM  

  • I'll need to send my husband off to talk to scummy salesmen more often. Glad you've enjoyed the story!

    Now, if I were to deliver this joke in person, I would forget the punchline...

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home