PASS THE TORCH (old site -- visit new site at 2passthetorch.com)

Monday, August 21, 2006

Simply Good - Pass the Torch Tuesday


Special thanks to Susie at Bluebird Blogs for the banner!
If you need the code for your post, let me know.


WELCOME to Pass the Torch Tuesday, where bloggers share simple and stupendous times they've caught kids being good. I hope you'll join us with a story, a comment, or to read everyone else's! Guidelines and former Tuesday links are HERE.



Simply Good

Sometimes I think kids just know what you need.
After two weeks of a tense household, with children who forgot how to play with each other, I was faced with several days of writing deadlines, huge
Empowering Youth orders and trip planning. I was very concerned about how I would accomplish everything, while serving as referee as well.

But for whatever reason - coincidence, understanding, or Divine intervention - they played house for two solid days. In fact, I had to periodically stop them from playing so that we could have lunch or run errands. They just got along, like they did before the two weeks of "I don't like you very much."

I guess if our kids are never naughty, we don't appreciate it as much when they're good.

How have you caught a kid being good? or smart? or responsible? Join us for Pass the Torch Tuesday! Link to your post or leave a comment!
Click here for guidelines. Need some inspiration? Check out last week's participants.

One random participant will receive the Pass the Torch Award button (see sidebar.)



Technorati Tags:



9 Comments:

  • hehe what a great campaign!!! =)

    By Blogger Lilize, At 10:23 PM  

  • Isn't it funny how we focus on the negatives before the postives, and take those for granted sometimes?

    By Blogger Knitting Maniac, At 7:49 AM  

  • Hello All! Happy to see your PTT posts! Yes, I have had terrible problems with blogger this time around and I'm doing it remotely which is a problem. Hope to see more people join in, despite the technical issues. Spread the word!

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 11:16 AM  

  • I was able to post my story, but not the banner. I'll try latter to upload pics. I've just had such a hard time the last couple days to load pics.
    What a great way to show our kids to keep up the good work, even though life can get tough for them too!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:11 PM  

  • Got mine up! It's kinda connected--I mean, it's mostly about painting, but the PTT part is that there was *no whining* in my house today!

    And I love your story about the quiet kids giving you the space you needed this weekend. How awesome is that?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:27 PM  

  • Christine and Rebecca - your posts are excellent examples of Pass the Torch Tuesday! Thank you so much for joining in with us!

    Janice - you are so right. Thanks for reading!

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 9:01 PM  

  • I hope my post still qualifies as it's a little different to my usual stories. Does it tickle your funny bone, too?

    By Blogger BookChook, At 9:20 PM  

  • Oh Susan, those are hilarious!! Thanks for sharing! I always appreciate your participation!

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 9:46 PM  

  • Always worth reading these...

    Renews my hope in our world.
    There is so much that is awful out there.

    By Blogger Pamela, At 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home