PASS THE TORCH (old site -- visit new site at 2passthetorch.com)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Feedback? Pretty Please?

I'm part of the Absolute Write blogging chain and this one started with a discussion about the reasons we write. Reading through the chain (below), I find there are just as many reasons we blog. For instance, before me in the chain, my writer friend, Simran, wrote about Indian cinema, a subject about which she's well-versed. Each blogger has his or her own agenda.

So why do I blog?

I've thought about this question a lot recently, partly because I'm converting to Wordpress and need to make some decisions about the direction of Pass the Torch.

Initially, the purpose of this blog was to promote my educational products. While I've done little of that, I've done much navel-gazing, wrist-slapping, and finding meaning in mushy cookies. It's inspired pride in my kids, rekindled my passion for photography, and challenged me to try something, even if I may fail. And by linking to others each Pass the Torch Tuesday, it's highlighted responsibility, empowerment, courage and thoughtfulness.

But as I streamline my blogging to meet personal AND professional goals, I need your feeback.

Why do you read Pass the Torch?

Is it because of the stories about empowered kids? the imperfect parent? the pretty pictures? or my feeble attempts at humor? I love your comments and my site counter shows a whole lot more watchers here than writers. So now's your chance.

What should stay? What should go?


Next on the AW Chain is BCOM. Here's the complete chain of writers:
TaliaMana
Food for Thought

When did you know...?

Becoming a blogger

You wanna be what?

Why do we write?

Letters to a Young Poet

Vin Diesel Makes Unlikely Muse

Stop or Kindergarten Nanny Will Pacify

Reel-istically Funny

Indian Cinema at it's Craziest

Feedback Pretty Please

Ten Things You Didn't Know

No One Will Really Be Free

To Boldly Go

AW Chain Six

The AW Chain, The Sixth

AW Blogchain #6

A Walk Down the Hall of Fame

AW Blogchain #6

Sharing What's Important

What I'm Supposed To Be Doing



19 Comments:

  • I read it because it's on the Blogging Chicks blogroll. I enjoy the variety of posts you have here, I never know what I'm going to find when I get this far down the list!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:18 PM  

  • I have to agree with gem, in that I only get by here once or twice a week. I love that it covers so many aspects of parenting and everyday life.

    By Blogger Bk30, At 11:41 PM  

  • I've loved the kid stories on tuesday, as well as the suprises in between.

    You'll just have to put your products on a different blog!


    I'm heading out to my daughters, so I will not be commenting again until next wednesday..

    By Blogger Pamela, At 1:01 AM  

  • me too...

    I pop in because I know you from AW and you've always been very friendly and I like to learn more about people. also from the blogroll and blogchain

    I'm not a parent so the kids stuff doesn't interest me but it's an attractive site

    Very nicely designed template. Did you do it yourself?

    By Blogger Talia, At 2:28 AM  

  • I just discovered your blog recently, from a comment you left on my blog (thanks for that, by the way).

    I love your blog banner, it's beautiful. I think your blog design is well layed out and not too cluttered. I like the fact that you don't have a lot of pop-up or blinky things on your blog. Sometimes those can be too distracting.

    What I've read of your posts so far have been interesting and personal, which will encourage me to stop back to read more in the future.

    By Blogger Overwhelmed!, At 12:34 PM  

  • I like so much about your blog. I love the Pass the Torch Tuesday! I also the real-world posts--what goes wrong, the funny things of life, etc. You have a lot of variety on your blog (pictures one day, Pass the Torch another day, stories about your family on another), and I really like that.

    By Blogger Tonya, At 3:35 PM  

  • I definitely like Pass the Torch Tuesday. I know I haven't been able to participate as much as I'd like to (dang kids are not cooperating!), but I think it's great to see the good in children. Keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:16 PM  

  • Well, I would say what ever subject/matter is closest to your heart. What you like to talk about...It is your blog and you should be glad about the subjects your are putting up for the world to read...
    But that is just my humble opinion.
    I do like the wonderful photography though :) - and 'empowering kids.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:17 PM  

  • Because I love it, especially Wordless Wednesdays, which I forgot to participate in this week. Sorry.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:54 AM  

  • I read it because your posts are interesting. Your posts are positive, friendly and accessible. There's no pretentiousness and no judgement. I've enjoyed all of your blog :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:25 AM  

  • I really like Pass the Torch Tuesday. Encouraging our kids to keep up the great jobs their doing. I also like the variety of your posts.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 4:27 PM  

  • Quite honestly, your blog title is what draws me to click to your blog everytime. Pass The Torch sounds so proactive and sounds like it is willing to let others do and be the same. I like that! I like the idea that someone is inviting me to be equal partners in life with them. I hope this helps.

    By Blogger on the Rock, At 11:12 PM  

  • I'm popping into comments here because I want you all to know how much I value your feedback. This is helping me so much in preparation for the switch to Wordpress.

    Thank you!

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 1:17 PM  

  • I actually came here through other blogs. New to all this, "Baggage" got me started.

    Love the education, kids and everyday life. My kids are now grown, I work in school and just love having certain places to look to find things I am interested in.

    Just need to know how all this blogging stuff works. Need to learn more about Pass the Torch Tuesday and the switch to Word Press. What is that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:33 PM  

  • You're a good writer, Kelly. There are a lot of "good" blogs out there, but yours is better than good. I'm usually here weekly, but honestly, would like to visit more often. I actually have a "Pass the Torch" story about my boys, but I can't remember when to post it!

    I appreciate your insight, diversity, uplifting words, humor, self deprecation...I bet you'd be great in person;). Coming to the TN Valley anytime soon?

    By Blogger Robin, At 5:58 PM  

  • I just enjoy your blog - not one reason but a whole bunch of little ones. Must be a combination of personality and writing style and subjects?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:45 AM  

  • The obvious connection is with Absolute Write. I found that I have read other entries as well!

    By Blogger Harbormaster, At 1:19 AM  

  • I found your blog because of AW, of course, but I keep reading it because it's interesting, entertaining, and positive. You're about making a difference in the world, and I respect that.

    There's nothing about your blog that I would remove. It's all good, even stuff about the kids that I can't relate to entirely what with my lack of children and all. Honestly, I wouldn't change it. You've got a great mix of interesting things. :)

    Good luck with the switch to wordpress. Did I mention that I just switched to Movable Type from WP? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:40 AM  

  • I love the passion and positive spirit this blog embodies. I think you are doing a great job by highlighting the importance of valuing and empowering kids. Though I don't always post a comment, I drop by regularly, and enjoy reading your blog.

    By Blogger Bhaswati, At 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home