PASS THE TORCH (old site -- visit new site at 2passthetorch.com)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Budding Photographer

Some of you've already read about my new toy. The Canon Digital Rebel XT is a dream, so the old Sony gathers dust these days.

Until Deena discovered it.

Now, just like me, she drags it along in her hippack, her purse, her bike and the boat (EEEK). She takes pictures of everything that moves -- or doesn't. She experiments with settings and figures out features I never used. I just clicked through the saved pictures and was like, "Where did these come from?" She's documenting the life that happens on the other side of the house.

At first, I was very protective of the camera. I gave the bill-payer's speech about how "this camera cost $400 when we bought it. It's fragile and not a toy."

Okay, today that camera would fetch about $5 on eBay. But still. She gets it. She's responsible with it. And she's found features I never used during the three years it was my sole source of scrapbook fodder.

She plans to bring it along on our trip to Mackinac Island this month. It will be just Deena and I - the picture-takers. And there will be no boys to rush us through the perfect sunset, the dilapidated barn, or the puppies on the corner.

We may wear out the brakes that week.

Here's a portrait she took of my brother and nephew. I think she has a photographer's eye. Don't you?



Remember to enter a post in our Pass the Torch contestat the Pass the Torch AWARD HUB. You have until Sunday to enter - please tell your readers about it! If you want the sticker below for your announcement post, please email me and I'll send you the code.




Technorati Tag:

5 Comments:

  • please tell Denna that I think she is quite the photographer. That's an awesome picture! So much life can be seen in it and it's up close, showing details in the eyes of the two. Lovely!

    By Blogger Esther Avila, At 11:15 AM  

  • Thank you! I will pass that on. She's already beaming that she's "published".

    By Blogger Kelly Curtis, At 11:27 AM  

  • I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to Thursday Thirteen!!!

    See ya Thursday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:03 PM  

  • I think she's becoming quite good!
    Here from Wendy's

    By Blogger Carmen, At 10:45 AM  

  • That is a great photo! Congrats to her!

    Also...Mackinac Island? We are in West Michigan! Mackinac Island is so fun--especially biking around the perimeter of the island.

    I mean...my agent/mother enjoys doing that. I'm a cat. We don't bike.

    Have fun on vacation! I can't wait to see the pics Deena snaps!

    By Blogger Kukka-Maria, At 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home